Your office Christmas party can be earth-friendly too! This does not mean that an earth-friendly party will stop you from having fun. How would you organize a green office Christmas party? Quite simple, and you can begin by doing these things:
- When it comes to party invitations, no need for paper. You can email blast the party invites to all company employees. Just make sure that you invite each and everyone in your office. If you want clients to attend the event, send them an e-Christmas card with the details about the party.
- Go potluck! A small plate of finger foods from everyone who is attending the party will mean more foods to enjoy too. This is a good way to turn the event into a feast of various foods.
- If you are going to use disposable plates and utensils make sure that they are made of biodegradable materials.
- You can do away with the kris kringle. Admit it, you rarely receive the perfect gift during an office exchange gift. You do not only save on using Christmas gift wrappers but you save yourself the disappointment of receiving something that is not really useful for you. Instead of buying gifts, you may opt to save money and donate it in charitable institution.
- Last but not the least, label the trash bins. Recyclable and non-recyclable, this would remind people to proper dispose their rubbish.