Sleep is so precious especially for people who toil all day. Everyone needs at least 8 hours of quality sleep; this is something that has been asserted time and again. Everyone would love the luxury of being able to lie down on a comfortable bed and sleep their cares away. This has become a challenge because of the busy and packed schedules people keep today. You might not realize it, but your mattress might be preventing you from getting the kind of sleep you need to recharge your body after a busy day. When was the last time you paid attention to your mattress? How old is your mattress? It might be time for you to buy a new one so you can have the perfect place to sleep on.
When you shop for mattresses, use the SLEEP test to evaluate your options. Here’s how it goes:
- Select a mattress. There are a lot of mattress types and it would be easy for you to get confused with all the labels. Choose a mattress that matches the type and size of your bed and the level of firmness that you feel most comfortable in. Consider options that are within your price range too.
- Lie down in the position you normally sleep in. It is necessary for you to test your mattress options. The only way you can do this is to lie on them one by one. The store you go to should allow you to do this. When you lie on the mattress, get into the position that you normally sleep in to give your body a good feel of the mattress.
- Evaluate the comfort and support of the mattress. Give your body and the mattress time to adjust to each other. About 10-15 minutes will be ample time for you to evaluate how comfortable you are with the kind of support the mattress gives your body.
- Educate yourself about your options. Ask the sales representative about what the product’s features and benefits are. Know about the details of each of your options and weigh their pros and cons. Find out everything you can about your options including product warranties and return policies.
- Partners should try out mattresses together. If you have someone who will sleep in the same bed with you. You have to make sure that both of you try the same mattresses together. Both of you should feel comfortable with the mattress that you choose. If your comfort level and support requirements are significantly different, you should explore your options for adjustable beds with separate controls for each side of the bed.
Image credit: bedsandmattressesuk.co.uk